Last modified: December, 2021.
Table of contents
- Processing of personal data of Users by Parallel (as Controller)
- Processing of personal data on behalf of Users by Parallel (as Data Processor)
- Exclusion of Parallel service
- Frequently asked questions about privacy
PARALLEL shall process personal data in accordance with European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and applicable data protection laws.
2. Processing of personal data of Users by PARALLEL (as Controller)
2.1. This Section explains the processing of personal data of Users by PARALLEL as a controller, that is, when PARALLEL decides about the purposes and means for the processing of the data. This does not include the communications sent by the User through the Service and related-data, which shall only be processed in accordance with Section 3 below.
PARALLEL shall process as controller your personal data to provide you with information that you request, access to the activities that we organize, the Service, and the management and improvement of the Service, including sending of communications or information about the Service or PARALLEL (support, satisfaction surveys, news, commercial communications, etc.).
2.2. Personal data of Users processed by PARALLEL for the above purposes may include contact information, such as name or email address, language preferences, current location for the proper price/currency displaying, payment data, and other personal data provided by the User.
2.3. The legal basis for the processing of personal data of Users is the contractual relationship between the Users and PARALLEL for the Service, the legitimate interest of PARALLEL or the express consent by the User to inform about the Service, content, activities, or the company, unless they opt out to receive this information.
2.4. Personal data of the Users will be processed by PARALLEL throughout the term of the contractual relationship for the Service and subsequently for the period during which applicable regulations require such personal data be he held thereafter. For the data collected from Users with whom there is no contractual relationship, the personal data will be processed by PARALLEL for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they are collected, unless their consent is withdrawn.
2.5. PARALLEL may share the personal data with third parties, some of which may be located outside of the European Economic Area, only for the provision of the Service and at all times subject to the guarantees and requirements provided by applicable data protection laws.
2.6. The User may at all times exercise his rights to access, rectification, erasure and restriction of processing and data portability as provided in the GPDR and applicable regulations by contacting PARALLEL at C/Almogàvers 165, 59.203, 08018 Barcelona (Spain); or, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The User may also lodge a complaint before the Spanish Data Protection Authority at www.agpd.es.
If at any time the User wishes to stop receiving communications regarding PARALLEL or with commercial information about the Service, the User may request so by sending an email to email@example.com
3. Processing of personal data on behalf of Users by PARALLEL (as Data Processor)
3.1. This Section explains the processing of personal data by PARALLEL on behalf of Users, as a data processor, that is, when the purposes and means for the processing of the data are decided by the User and PARALLEL only access the data for the rendering of the Service and on behalf of the User.
The Service may imply the access and processing by PARALLEL of personal data controlled by the User and generated within the Service in relation to each request sent by the User through the Service (“Accessed Data”). In such cases, PARALLEL shall be deemed as the data processor and shall process such personal data only on behalf of the User and not for its own purposes.
The Accessed Data shall comprise:
- Information required to identify the emails sent through the Service:
- information of the recipients;
- subject and body of the email;
- files requested through the Service;
- language for the communications with the recipients; and
- date and time in which the email was sent; and
- Information provided by the Service:
- file response status and timestamp;
- file delivery by the recipient status;
- file storage address;
- reminders (number, date and time) sent;
Accessed Data is the only information to which PARALLEL shall access to provide the Service.
PARALLEL guarantees that:
- PARALLEL will never send emails on your behalf, we only send the requests from our domain address
- PARALLEL will never share the content of your emails or your recipients replies with third parties
- PARALLEL will never share your browsing data with third parties
The processing of the above personal data is only carried out for the provision of the Service within the terms and duration stated in the Service Terms and Conditions.
3.2. Accordingly, PARALLEL shall:
(i) not process the Accessed Data for a purpose other than the provision of the Service requested by the User and shall not transfer such data, not even for their storage, to unauthorized parties;
(ii) process the Accessed Data only on documented instructions from the User; and if PARALLEL is aware that or of the opinion that any instruction given by the User breaches the data protection regulations, PARALLEL shall immediately inform the User;
(iii) notify the User promptly if it becomes aware of any data breach and shall provide full details of the relevant breach;
(iv) ensure that persons authorized to process the Accessed Data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
(v) taking into account the nature of the processing, assist the User by appropriate technical and organizational measures, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfilment of the Users’ obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject’s rights laid down in Chapter III of the GDPR;
(vi) take all measures required pursuant to Article 32 of the GDPR (Security of Processing);
(vii) assist the User in complying with its obligations pursuant to Articles 32 to 36 of GDPR taking into account the nature of processing and the information available to PARALLEL, including but not limited to, assisting the User with:
(viii) at the choice of the User, delete or return all the Accessed Data to the User after the end of the provision of Service, unless the storing of the data is required by applicable law; and
(ix) make available to the User all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations laid down in Article 28 of GDPR and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by the User or another auditor mandated by the User.
3.3 PARALLEL shall not subcontract third parties for the processing operations which may imply access to the Accessed Data without the authorization of the User.
In this respect, the following sub-processors are deemed as authorized by the User:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. as provider of the hosting of the Service, through servers located in Ireland.
- Google services: Google Analytics3.4. PARALLEL shall guarantee the confidentiality of the Accessed Data, even after the termination of the Service.3.5. The User is the data controller of the processing of the Accessed Data within the meaning in GDPR. The User is the only one deciding the purposes and means for the processing of Accessed Data, so PARALLEL does not use Accessed Data for its own purposes and only uses them for the rendering of the Service and on behalf of the User. To such extent, the User shall have to comply with applicable obligations under data protection regulations, including relying on an appropriate legal basis for the processing of personal data of the recipients of the emails sent through the Service. The User, and not PARALLEL, shall be solely responsible for the compliance with such obligations.3.6. The User acknowledges and agrees that the use of the Service and the processing of the Accessed Data as a result of the same is its own free and exclusive decision and has verified that the conditions of the Service and the processing of the Accessed Data are in line with its interests.
PARALLEL shall process all personal data in the strictest confidentiality and implement the appropriate technical and organizational measures as required by applicable regulations.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
We also use AES-256 encryption to protect your files, one of the most secure encryption standards in the industry, and only generate access links to the files that are temporal.
5. Frequently asked questions about privacy
5.1. Does PARALLEL sell or rent my personal data or the content of my emails?
No, PARALLEL does not sell or rent your personal data.
5.2. Do you need a data privacy agreement?
5.3. Where is my information stored?
Information submitted to PARALLEL will be transferred to, processed, and stored in Amazon.com services facilities in Ireland.
5.4. How can I delete my personal data from the Service?
You can remove your Personal Data from the Service at any time by logging into your account, accessing the Account page, and then deleting your account.
5.5. How safe is my credit card information?
Your credit card information is safe. PARALLEL does not have access to your credit card information at any point during the transaction, so we do not store your credit card information. We process every payment via Stripe or Paypal, certified Level 1 third party payment processing services.
5.6 Privacy code of conduct
PARALLEL guarantees that:
- PARALLEL will never send emails on your behalf, we only send the requests from our domain address.
- PARALLEL will never share the content of your emails or your recipients replies with third parties.
PARALLEL will never share your browsing data with third parties.